2010年3月4日木曜日

Outside of My Ishikawa Bubble - Tokyo Pt III of III

1/4/2010

My final day in Tokyo! Or at least the final day until I go in April…

After checking out of the hotel, Kazuki and I dropped off our luggage at the Shinjuku station. We met up with Ben, Henry, and Tony for lunch. The guys had to catch a plane back to the U.S., so we had to grab a quick bite. We found a Japanese fast food shop and scarfed down our udon/beef bowl combos.

Lunch: Udon, gyudon, ocha

Good bye, San Diegans! It was fun traveling together!

Kazuki and I had some time before going to our next destination, so we went to check out Yoyogi Park near Harajuku. It was nice, but it was an actual park so there wasn’t a lot to see. There is usually a lot of dancing or various performances that take place in the park, but maybe it was their day off.


Pond at Yoyogi Park

The only thing Kazuki and I had planned for this Tokyo trip was in Mitaka. We had a 4pm appointment with Totoro at the Ghibli Museum! Cameras are not allowed inside the building, but I took plenty of the outside. It’s a small museum dedicated to the work of Hayao Miyazaki. There is also a short animated film theater inside, which is included in the entrance fee. The short that I saw was about sumo wrestling mice. Adorable! Its definitely worth going to, but make sure you get tickets ahead of time. We had to purchase ours from a Lawson convenience store.



Totoro and dust spirits




From Lupita

Our last event of the night was with my Hiro. We had dinner and then some coffee. Hiro and I said goodbye to Kazuki at his bus stop and then I walked with Hiro to mine. Til next time, Tokyo!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿