2011年7月20日水曜日

Goodbyes are hard to say in any language...

My body is an ocean of tears
and my skin is just the dam
When my heart quakes, the dam just breaks
and all pours out without fail

mini-poem by moi :P

The past few weeks have included a string of good bye lessons, good byes to the students I don't teach (method is to bother them at lunch when they can't move) and finally today will be my goodbye speech in front of all 800 people in Meiho.

It should be about 6 minutes long, including both English and Japanese. Hopefully, I can finish it without breaking down into tears for longer than 10 seconds. I think the best way to go is smiling and with a positive attitude, but that's probably not going to happen on stage. Imagining all those hopeful faces staring back at me, I can't help but cry. LOL Taken out of context this sounds horrible.

In any case...頑張る I'll do my best.

Time to practice my speech. Paper in front of me, tissue box to the side and a huge smile on my face.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿